Realme 5s review
The Realme family has grown quite a bit ever since the first Realme 1 smartphone to a point where the company is now confident enough to release handsets slotting in almost every market segment and also releasing hardware refreshes on a regular basis. This review will be all about the hardware refresh of the Realme 5 – a decently-priced smartphone with nice build and relatively powerful hardware.
Now Lest know about Realme 5s:
What lacked in the previous model, however, was a more competent camera setup. While the 12MP main camera on the Realme 5 was doing a fine job for the price, a trendy48MP camera might make it an even more tempting offer.
Enter the Realme 5s – the hardware refresh improves on this very aspect while staying at the same price. The rest of the hardware remains, which also means that the Realme 5s – similarly to the Realme 5 – offers great battery life, high price/performance ratio thanks to the Snapdragon 665 SoC.
Realme 5s specs
- Body: Gorilla Glass 3+ front, polycarbonate back; splash-resistant
- Screen: 6.5-inch, 19:9, HD+ (720 x 1600px), IPS LCD
- Rear camera: Primary 48MP, 1/2″ sensor size, 0.8µm pixels, f/1.8 aperture; Ultra wide-angle: 8MP, f/2.2 aperture, 1/4″ sensor size, 1.12µm pixels; 2MP macro camera; 2MP depth sensor; LED flash; [email protected] video recording
- Front camera: 13MP, f/2.0 aperture
- Chipset: Snapdragon 665: octa-core CPU (4×2.0 GHz Kryo 260 Gold & 4×1.8 GHz Kryo 260 Silver), Adreno 610 GPU
- Memory: 3/32GB, 4/64GB or 4/128GB; dedicated microSD slot for up to 256GB expansion
- OS: Android 9.0; Color OS 6.0 on top
- Battery: 5,000mAh, 10W charging
- Connectivity: Dual SIM (4G), Bluetooth 5.0, Wi-Fi a/b/g/n, microUSB, FM radio
- Misc: Rear-mounted fingerprint reader
The Realme 5s also offers more RAM and storage for the same price, now starting with a more 2019-worthy configuration of 4GB of RAM and 64GB of expandable storage. Unfortunately, though, the dated microUSB port is still here.