Import large sql in XAMPP
When you have large SQL file and you want to import existing data from other installation or from host. First you need to export the data. But sometime we may face such a situation, import large sql in XAMPP.
We will use Command-Line Tools (Shell) to import large database SQL file.
1. Open the XAMPP Control Panel
2. To import the database, use the following command line
mysql -u username -p database_name < "/path/file.sql"
- username – your MySQL username. e.g. root
- database_name – database name you are importing to
- /path/file.sql – full path to your .sql file