Best Programming Languages for Mobile App Development 2021
- Versatile and Flexible language and can used in many ways through Node.js
- Faster on the client-side browsing and don’t need to be compiled.
- Straightforward to work with and easy to control.
- No set standard and plenty of room for variation.
- Is vulnerable and can be exploited for malicious purpose in some cases .
- You can encounter some browser support issues in some cases.
- Server-side scripts always provide the same output and client-side is a bit unpredictable.
Said to be the advanced version of Java – Kotlin is a statistically typed programming language used for developing modern Android applications. Kotlin is a really best language for apps. Kotlin has the potential to influence other programming languages such as JAVA to make high-performing and robust apps. Some popular apps built-in Kotlin are Trello, Evernote, Coursera, and many more.
- Clean, concise, and perceptive syntax increases team efficiency.
- Interoperable and versatile and can easily overrule the shortcomings of JAVA.
- Has full support from Google and IDE’s installation packages including Android and SDK toolkit.
- Generates compact, simple, and cleaner code as compared to JAVA.
- Still a new language in the market so hard to learn, so, think before you choose it .
- Sometimes gets slower.
- There are limited resources for learning.
C++ is considered to be an upstanding choice for mobile app development. It is a general-purpose, object-oriented language with generic and low-level memory manipulation features. Used for Android App and Native app development, C++ is used for developing games, GUI-based applications, real-time mathematical simulations, banking apps, etc. C++ is popular with Cloud computing apps as it can quickly adapt to changing hardware or ecosystems.
- Fast and stable and has a vast pool of ready-to-use in-built libraries and compilers.
- If you know C++ you can quickly learn JAVA, C, C#.
- No garbage collector is running in the background.
- You can take full control, and the app can run on any platform and take advantage of any hardware.
- Complex syntax, small standard library.
- Most complicated programming language to master.
- Cannot support garbage collection or dynamic memory allocation.
- The object orientation is quite essential as compared to other languages.
Pronounced as ‘C-sharp’ – this is another object-oriented, general-purpose programming language extensively used for mobile development, majorly for cross-platform and windows app development. C# has everything you want to achieve using other programming languages such as Swift, Objective-C, and JAVA programming languages. If you are planning to develop an interactive and high-performance game app, this is the best language.
- Fast, easy-to-use, and quick to deploy
- Generic, strong typing, functional, imperative, declarative, component-oriented, and object-oriented disciplines.
- Simple, modern, and general-purpose language
- Most preferred programming language
- Intricate and complex language for fresh learners
- Case-sensitive language and creates confusion even if there is a slight miss-match between even alphabets
A widely accepted programming language, Python is used for developing web applications, desktop apps, media tools, machine learning, network server, and more. Examples of Python are YouTube, Instagram, and Pinterest. The language provides excellent library support, robust integration, and enhanced control capabilities. If you are a start-up planning to develop your app – Python is the best language!
- Fast, easy-to-use, quick to deploy, easy to learn, and excellent at readability.
- High-level programming language used for analyzing, computing scientific and numeric data, and for software development.
- An interactive language used to build scalable apps and supports GUI applications .
- Supports multiple systems and platforms.
- Has huge-set of frameworks which programming flexible.
- Slow execution time.
- Not that great with modern mobile application development.
- Not a great choice with memory-intensive tasks.
- Has some drawbacks with data access.
PHP is one of the most recommended programming languages for mobile apps that need database access. It is an open-source language used for server-side scripting, command-line scripting, and coding applications. Widely used for creating eCommerce applications, content-heavy apps, dynamic web applications, and mobile apps. It is a flexible language that can be easily embedded into HTML or HTML5. A few of the popular websites on PHP are Wikipedia, Facebook, and Yahoo.
- Easy to learn, is platform-independent, and exceptionally compatible with smooth integration
- Is excellent with content-heavy apps and loads quickly even with a slow internet connection
- In-built security features to protect from complex security threats
- Great language for learners, which can then help them learn complex program development quickly
- The open-source nature of the language is readily available for all to see and thus bugs can be found quickly to exploit its weakness
- Not suitable for large applications
- Not modular and is difficult to maintain
- The framework needs better error handling.